On 23 May the Managing Authority and the Rēzekne City Council signed the grant contract to implement the project “Promotion of water resource sustainability for tourism and attractiveness of CBC of Rēzekne & Ostrov” (Sticky urban areas).
The project aims to create more sustainable and attractive urban water resources in Rezekne and Ostrov for the locals and visitors, as well as to improve overall environmental conditions in Latgale and Pskov region.
Rēzekne City Council, Latvia University of Life Sciences, Administration of Ostrov district and Pskov State University will join their efforts to improve environment and infrastructure of two cities rivers – Rēzekne and Velikaya.
The project will be launched on 1 June 2019 and following major activities will be implemented:
- Reconstruction of the banks of Rēzekne river and Velikaya river,
- Creation of new sustainable interactive waterfront tourism routes in Rēzekne and Ostrov,
- Research of water basins in Rēzekne and Ostrov,
- Development of Integrated resources management manual and its integration in two universities’ study programs,
- Trainings and capacity building workshops.
The total budget of the project is around 621 thousand EUR (Programme co-financing is around 558 thousand EUR). The project will run for 2 years.
To find out more about the project activities, visit http://bit.ly/LAT-RUS-StickyUrbanAreas