Latvia-Russia Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020, in the framework of the EC DAY campaign 2019, organises an amateur video competition to raise citizens’ awareness about the benefits of being part of Europe and engage them in the values of cooperation. The aim is to capture the essence of a European spirit and feeling through a video that would ‘speak’ to both stakeholders and the general public.
Participants will have to make a very short video (maximum duration: 40 seconds) responding very briefly to the question: “Why EUROPE IS YOU?” (how Europe benefits you), which is the slogan of the EC DAY 2019 campaign.
The competition is open to every citizen of/resident in the cooperation area, as well as high school and university/college students.
In July, the jury will select the finalist videos. The final winner will be selected by the people attending the EC Day local event in September. The winning video will receive 2 smart watches and an official award (certificate) acknowledging this recognition.
The video competition will take place from 13 May to 30 June 2019. The awarding is scheduled during the week of 21 September 2019 or surrounding weeks (date tbc).
Technical specificities of the videos, eligibility and other requirements
- Any video must address the topic ‘EUROPE IS YOU’
- Each video should convey a clear message that clearly relates to the concept ‘EUROPE IS YOU’ as promoted by the EC DAY 2019 campaign.
- Therefore, each participant will have to explain why Europe is/benefits them. This can be said or it can be presented in an original way: drawing, writing, acting…
- Videos illustrating static events and meetings should be avoided, e.g. people sitting and listening to a speech/presentation.
- Videos can depict animated or/and real images.
- Aesthetic quality and creativity of the video must be assessed, too.
- All videos must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org accompanied by a written form (SEE ANNEX 2) and a signed authorisation in case the participant is under 18 years old (SEE ANNEX 3)
- The videos must have good quality (at least 720p in order to be able to present the video on large screen)
- Maximum length of the video is 40 seconds; shorter videos will also be appreciated by the juries.
- The video can be recorded in English or in the local language. Each programme will have to submit to Interact the English translation of the text of the winner video. Interact will then include the English subtitles.
- All videos will be checked by programmes to make sure that they meet the competition rules before being assessed for the local competition.
- Videos that are offensive, defamatory or obscene, or that disclose unnecessary personal information or product advertisement will be rejected.
- Please, ensure that, apart from the copyrights, videos are in line with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The programme will have the right to disseminate all submitted videos through their communication channels, social media and events, for strictly-related communication purposes.
- Also, in line with GDPR, participants under 18 years old must include an authorisation signed by their parents or legal tutors.
- To take part in the competition, videos must fulfill all of the above requirements.
Would you like to participate? Send an email to email@example.com with the following:
- Your video (if it’s too heavy they can make .zip files)
- The written application form (ANNEX 2)
- Authorisation sheet if you are under 18 years old (ANNEX 3)
Full text of the contest rules is available here.