ERIP intends to implement a project aiming at sustainable tourism support and tourists attraction due to joint development and promotion of products and services based on local resources, by:
• New modern tourism directions development: business and events tourism, recreational tourism, water and health tourism
• Development of new thematic tours allowing expanding potential of nature/cultural objects
Tours will be based on the diversity of Latvia and Russia and promote areas as an attractive tourist destination;
• Innovative tourist web-portal/service raising awareness about opportunities for travelers in the Programme region and encouraging businesses to offer products and services
• Cultural/historical infrastructure supporting actions for tourism promotion: strengthening cooperation and experience exchange among the actors of culture and tourism industry; organization of cultural events in the cultural sights in order to attract visitors and to promote local producers and craftsmen and preserve traditional skills
• Skills-raising programme and supporting events for tourism related local SMEs in order to reduce
mismatch in requirements for standards of tourist accommodation.
– Local cultural and heritage sites
– Businesses operating in the tourism field (including entrepreneurs, craftsmen, etc.)
– Tourists travelling in the Programme area
• Developed potential for different types of tourism that would make the regions more attractive for tourists and businesses
• New thematic tourist directions
• Developed potential of internal resources and existing tourism development indicators.