The Cross-Border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 supports joint efforts addressing cross-border development challenges to make regions a better & sustainable place to live, travel and develop business ideas.
Project partners work together in 21 LAT-RUS cross-border cooperation projects facing common key challenges and opportunities to foster the growth of the region in entrepreneurship, environmental protection and cross-border mobility to reach the following objectives:
- Business and SME development
- Environmental protection, climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Promotion of border management and border security, mobility and migration management
The Programme aims to:
- Increase the number of operating small business
- Develop new cross-border products and services based on local resources
- Develop local services and products to attract tourists to the region
- Increase the number of visitors to improved or newly developed objects of natural resources
- Ensure sustainability of natural resources for improved attractiveness of CBC territory
- Improve capacity of relevant stakeholders and general public for sustainable use of natural resources and waste, and for waste water management systems
- Improve competence level and skills of land border crossing points personnel
Learn more about joint work, prospects and growing cooperation in cross-border territories here and make sure you stay informed about Programme activities via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.