Latvia-Russia Cross-border Cooperation Programme 2014-2020 supports joint efforts addressing cross-border development challenges in Latvia-Russia cross-border area. The Programme is co-financed by the European Union, the Republic of Latvia and the Russian Federation. The total Programme budget of 27 million euros is provided to support CBC projects implementation to make cross-border regions a better and more sustainable place to live, travel and develop business ideas.
Partners from Latvia and Russia work together in 21 LAT-RUS CBC projects facing common key challenges and opportunities to foster the growth of the region in entrepreneurship, environmental protection and cross-border mobility to reach following objectives:
- Business and SME development
- Environmental protection, climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Promotion of border management and border security, mobility and migration management
Until the end of the 2021 the LAT-RUS CBC Programme aims to:
- Increase the number of operating small business
- Develop new cross-border products and services based on local resources
- Develop local services and products to attract tourists to the region
- Increase the number of visitors to improved or newly developed objects of natural resources
- Ensure sustainability of natural resources for improved attractiveness of CBC territory
- Improve capacity of relevant stakeholders and general public for sustainable use of natural resources and waste, and for waste water management systems
- Improve competence level and skills of land border crossing points personnel
Learn more about joint work, prospects and growing cooperation in Latvia-Russia cross-border territories here and make sure you stay informed about Programme activities via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.