On 1 August, 2019 Latvia-Russia CBC Programme Managing Authority and Euregio “Pskov-Livonia” section Latvia signed the grant contract to implement the project “Improvement of environmental management through joint actions in RU-LV cross-border regions” (GreenPalette).
The project will develop and mingle 7 different solutions to joint challenges in 7 partner municipalities. Four of them are coming from Latvia (Vilaka, Balvi, Vilani and Smiltene) and three – from Russia (Pytalovo, Palkino and Krasnogorodsk).
GreenPallette aims to increase knowledge of direct stakeholders and public in sustainable use of natural resources improving emergency situations response, monitoring and early warning systems, inter-municipal communication – thus making authorities and local communities better prepared for emergency situations to reduce possible damage to environment in the programme territory.
7 solutions are reflected in 7 key activity areas of the project:
- prevention and localization of local wood and dry grass fires;
- spring floods prevention;
- fighting cow parsnip intervention;
- green minded behavior, illegal dumping liquidation and recycling;
- energy efficiency and use of alternative “green” energy;
- wise management of local water bodies;
- inter-municipal cooperation for prevention and response to emergency situations.
Purchase of equipment and materials will be supported by extensive trainings on various platforms for any involved target groups: from project partners study visits to volunteer muster-classes, from project round tables to participation in annual forum.
The total budget of the project is a bit over 645 thousand EUR with Programme co-financing amounting to over 582 thousand EUR.
To find your colour in GreenPalette, press here.