Summary of the project
The European Commission has suspended the cooperation with the Russian Federation within this Programme and participation of Russian beneficiaries in project implementation is suspended as well.
“EKI-Terehova” project (Improvement of border crossing point Terehova-Burachki) is another direct award project aimed at border facilities improvement and implemented in close partnership between State JSC “State Real Estate” (Riga, Latvia) and Committee for economic development and investment policy of the Pskov region (Pskov, Russia).
The project activities will be concentrated at one border crossing point Terehova-Burachki but will benefit bigger territories bringing better border crossing experience to the inhabitants of Latgale and Vidzeme regions, Riga (Latvia) and Pskov region (Russia), as well as far beyond.
Two partners extended their partnership with one associated partner State Revenue service of the Republic of Latvia – to sustainably work on the following:
- construction and reconstruction of the infrastructure at Terehova BCP (new inspection hangar, removal of the old one, reconstruction of 6 control pavilions, enlargement of sheds, billboards, reconstruction of utilities and asphalt layers, and greening works);
- capacity building on border crossing issues (a large information campaign including 10 thousand leaflets, 5 information videos, and 100 mobile info stands at critical locations);
- 2 experience exchange events for local control institutions specialists for smoother and faster border crossing.
“EKI-Terehova” project aims to benefit all persons (travelers, vehicle drivers, businessmen, local inhabitants visiting their relatives, etc.) irrespective their country of origin as faster border crossing will facilitate closer person-to-person, institution-to-institution contacts of the border regions.
The strong side of the project is that the investments are always accompanied by information activities raising awareness on specific border crossing issues – like veterinary control – among all related people resulting in educated persons on border crossing issues as well as friendly and knowledgeable personnel of controlling institutions.
- Total budget - 3 688 888.89 EUR
- Programme co-financing - 3 320 000.00 EUR
List of partners:
- State Joint Stock Company “State Real Estate”
- Committee for economic development and investment policy of the Pskov region
|State Joint Stock Company “State Real Estate”|
Valnu street, 28, Riga, LV-1980, Latvia
|Total partner budget:||
3 633 333.34 EUR
|Committee for economic development and investment policy of the Pskov region|
23, Nekrasova str., Pskov, 180001, Russia
|Total partner budget:||
55 555.55 EUR