Summary of the project
The European Commission has suspended the cooperation with the Russian Federation within this Programme and participation of Russian beneficiaries in project implementation is suspended as well.
New Life of Old Parks: Efficient Management of Historical Nature Objects in LatRus Border Area (“NewLINE”) project addresses efficient management of urban nature parks in LV-RU border area bringing together 2 Russian and 1 Latvian organization.
NGO ‘Lake Peipsi Project, Pskov’ being the lead beneficiary has been involved in CBC cooperation for over two decades and is well-known locally for such projects as GreenMan and Friendly Cities. Balvi Municipality from Latvia has 10+ years of experience in CBC initiatives in such fields as increasing the attractiveness of the border region & preservation of cultural heritage. Center for Curative Pedagogics & Differentiated Education of Pskov Region has been involved in CBC projects related to accessible environment for disabled people and nature therapy for more than 6 years.
Most project activities will be concentrated on sustainable renovation of green areas in CBC cities with over 0.2 mln residents:
- improvement works in two former manor parks with common history as former mansions of the Gorozhanskiye nobles focused on the issue of social inclusiveness:
Korytovo Forest Park in Pskov – 5 ha green zone renovated for at least 700-800 fosterlings of Pskov Center for Curative Pedagogics with severe disabilities and their families, 0.2 mln citizens of Pskov and over 0.1 mln tourists visiting Pskov;
Bear’s Garden Park in Balvi – 4 ha green zone with number of glacial boulders, which represent almost all types of boulders in Latvia and some of them having cultural and historical significance at the historical heart of Balvi renovated for city residents and residents of Eastern LV (over 0.5 mln) and 0.1 mln tourists travelling in/through Latgale;
- soft activities to grant sustainability for the improved parks: 10 study trips to manor parks, training for park keepers, development of a visual guide book, CBC seminars, international school and conference on manor parks management and costume festivals ‘Citizens at the Gorozhanskiye’;
- visibility activities to attract locals and tourists: project website, social media accounts, leaflets and info letters and interactive map.
“NewLINE” project aims to operate in a common historical background to find solutions to common challenges in CBC territory – management of green areas with a special focus on parks accessibility for those with special needs.
- Total budget - 685 354.00 EUR
- Programme co-financing - 616 818.60 EUR
List of partners:
- Pskov regional public organization "Lake Peipsi Project (Pskov)"
- Balvi Municipality
- Center for Curative Pedagogics and Differentiated Learning
|Pskov regional public organization "Lake Peipsi Project (Pskov)"
Yana Fabritsiusa street 2a, office 18, Pskov, 180017, Russia
|Total partner budget:
116 227.00 EUR